Thursday, May 22, 2008

“The Royal Party”

“The Royal Party”

by

Richard D. Madrilejos

Setting: In the King’s Chamber

Cast: Snow White

Sleeping Beauty

Cinderella

Grandfather The King

The Three Fairy Godmothers

The People/The Chorus

Note: All the lines are to be sung.

Prologue

Solo/Chorus: Once upon a time there lived a kind King.

He was already old but he still knew how to sing.

It was his birthday; everyone was happy and gay.

The whole kingdom was invited and no one resisted.

But he shall never be happy without his great grandchildren.

Do you know who are they? Come closer and listen

Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella

They are all cousins and grandchildren to the great King.

So we will not keep you waiting; open your hearts and souls to everything.

Our story is about to begin; be silent for the arrival of the King.

A signal sound is heard. It can be from a trumpet or a gong. The chorus and the other characters position themselves for the arrival of the King.

Scene 1

Solo: Long live the King!

Chorus: Long live the King!

The King enters. Silence. Everyone bows while the King is walking to his throne.

King: (After sitting down) I humbly thank you; all of you who are here.

Everyone gets up. The “Happy Birthday” song is heard with a dance interpretation.

Solo/Chorus: Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday, happy birthday,

Happy birthday to you.

May you have peace and joy,

For your remaining years,

May you have peace, may you have joy,

Happy birthday great King.

King: I appreciate everything.

Though I am old, I feel young everyday

Because of the love you have given to me.

Applause is heard from the people.

King: Now, I want you to be in silence.

You might wonder what these extra chairs are for.

These are for my three lovely grandchildren.

They just came from three far away places.

They are all cousins by heart and by soul.

Please give your respect to my royal grandchildren.

A signal sound is heard again. Snow White appears first. Everyone bows then sits down.

Snow White: Happy birthday grandpa The King.

Hello. I am Snow White.

I left my prince and my 7 dwarfs for a while to give my gift to the King.

This is not just for the King but also for everyone who knows real beauty.

Snow White sings “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera.

After the song, everyone claps. Snow White kisses her grandpa and sits besides him.

The signal is again heard. Then, Sleeping Beauty comes out.

Sleeping Beauty: Happy birthday grandfather. Hello guests. I am Sleeping Beauty.

I left my prince and my people to pay respect

for the King in his special day.

This is for the King and in his people.

Sleeping Beauty sings “Try It On My Own” by Whitney Houston. After the song, applause is heard from the people again. She kisses her grand father and her cousin.

Again, the signal sound is heard. The last of the grandchildren appears. She is Cinderella.

Cinderella: Hello to every one of you and Happy happy birthday to you my great grandfather.

I left also my Prince but I am already close with my stepmother.

I love you grandfather and I will sing a song to express this love

to you and to your people.

Cinderella sings “Immortality” by Celine Dion. The people make applause again after the song. Then, she goes to the King and kisses also her two cousins.

King: Another round of applause again, my dear people.

Everyone rejoices.

Scene 2

Suddenly. A loud creepy sound is heard. Then, a continuous strange laugh follows. The uninvited Witch appears.

The Witch: How dare you have a party here?

How dare you have laughter and enjoyment?

And you did not invite me, King!

Solo: That’s not the way to talk to the King.

The Witch: And why not! (The Witch cast a spell to the Solo.)

Solo 3: What did you do to me? I can’t move my legs. I can’t move. (Freeze.)

The Witch: I can do whatever I want to do.

I put a spell on you.

I am The witch, I am your sister.

I want to join; I want to be happy.

I am the Witch; I am your sister.

I am the sister of the King.

King: Stop what you’re doing, Witch.

Yes, I am your brother.

But what did you do last year?

Did you forget?

You got drunk and almost killed one of my people.

The Witch: I don’t care.

I am The Witch; I am your sister.

I am the sister of the King.

I want to join; I want to be happy.

And you did not even invite me.

I will put a spell to all of you.

Especially your three grandchildren.

King: No! They are your grandchildren too!

The Witch: Yes! They are my grandchildren too;

But yes, I will still cast my spell!

The spell:

Row, row, row your boat

Gently down the stream

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily

Life is but a Dream.

Slowly, the people melt down to sleep. The King and the grandchildren were shocked.

Another spell:

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down.

London Bridge is falling down, my fair lady.

Then, the three grandchildren feel dizzy and slowly melt to sleep too. The King gets angry.

King: What have you done to my grandchildren?

What have you done to my people?

You have no heart. You have no soul.

You are the witch. You are my sister.

But you will never be the sister to the King.

The Witch: They will sleep forever and you will be alone forever.

You will be lonely like me. (Laughter from The Witch)

I am the Witch; I am the sister.

I am the sister to the lonely King.

Loud laughter again from the Witch

Scene 3

The 3 Fairies: (Off stage) Witchie Witch!!!

The three Fairies appear one by one in different directions towards the Witch.

Fairy Godmother 1: Witch.

Fairy Godmother 2: Witch.

Fairy Godmother 3: Witch.

Fairy Godmothers: Witch!

The Witch: The Three Fairy Godmothers!

Always in the wrong time to appear

Fairy Godmothers: We are in the right time. Right, dear King?

King: Absolutely.

Fairy Godmother 1: Remove the spell.

Fairy Godmother 2: Wake up the people.

Fairy Godmother 3: Wake up the grandchildren.

The Witch: No!

Fairy Godmother 1: Do you want to be a dog?

Fairy 2 & 3: Again?

Fairy Godmother 2: Do you want to be a cat?

Fairy 1 & 3: Again?

Fairy Godmother 3: Do you want to be a mouse?

Fairy 1 & 2: Again?

Fairy 1, 2 & 3: Say it, and we are easy to please.

In the count of one, two and three

We will make you what you want to be

Using our great magic stick.

One. Two –

The Witch: Okay. Okay. Okay.

I will remove the spell.

I will wake them up.

But I will never disappear.

You are always lucky, my dear brother King.

But you will se me again. (The Witch is crying.)

The Witch is scratching her head and wiping her tears as she goes for the exit.

Scene 4

The 3 Fairies: Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday, happy birthday,

Happy birthday to you.

May you have peace and joy,

For your remaining years,

May you have peace, may you have joy,

Happy birthday great King.

One by one the people wake up including the grandchildren. The King is happy again. Everyone is rejoicing and enjoying their coming to life again.

The 3 Grandchildren: Thank you, Fairy Godmothers.

King: Thank you.

The 3 Fairies: All of you are always welcome.

We are always here whenever each one of you is in trouble.

King: Well, let’s continue the party.

Let us all sing.

“All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles is heard and interpreted through a dance.

The End

No comments: